Corinne Eleanor White entered the world on September 21, 2007 (her great-grandmother Clare''s birthday) at 2:17 a.m. She weighed 9 lbs. 2 oz. and measured 21.25 inches long. Jen''s labor was hard from the beginning, probably due to induction, but progressed quickly and smoothly, and thankfully Corinne was able to be born vaginally, as we had hoped. Praise the Lord for the gifts He gives us!
Tomorrow morning Jennifer will be heading to the hospital to have a cervical ripening agent administered. This is an outpatient procedure. At today''s appointment Jen''s OB told her she didn''t really need it, but that it could cause her to go into labor without the need for pitocin. Therefore, we''ve decided to give it a try! Jen and the baby will be monitored for an hour after the drug is administered, and if all looks well, we will head back home. If she does not go into active labor by Friday morning, we will return to the hospital for Jen to be admitted and start pitocin via IV. Then it will only be a matter of time before Corinne is here! We can hardly believe we are finally at this end of this long journey.
Please join us in praying for a smooth, complication-free vaginal delivery.
The induction date has been set! If Jen does not go into labor before, she will be induced on Friday, September 21. This is very special as it is the birthday of Jen''s late grandmother, Clare. Jen will be 37 weeks 6 days at this point, and a pregnancy from 37 weeks 0 days is considered full term. The baby is still measuring in the 97th percentile, and her weight is estimated to be right at 8.5 lbs!!! She also appears to have a good amount of hair on her head, based on the ultrasound. Today Jen also found out that she is 1 centimeter dialated and 50% effaced, and the baby''s head is engaged in her pelvis. The OB did say it is possible that Jen will go into labor before the induction date, but there is no way to predict these things, of course. For now we are anticipating meeting Cupcake next Friday!
Cupcake''s arrival will most likely be sometime between September 19 and September 26. Today our OB told us that because Jen''s blood pressure remains in the high-normal range, albeit stable, allowing the pregnancy to progress past 38 weeks only carries increased risk, not increased benefit. Therefore, at Jen''s 37.5 week appointment on September 19, her doctor will decide what method(s) to employ in order to start the induction process! It is very exciting to think that in just three weeks we will very likely be holding our little girl!